Grow It Yourself (GIY) is community of food growers expanding from Ireland into the rest of the world. Like Urban Veg, GIY believes that by being part of a supportive community you will have more success at growing food.
“Our vision is for a healthier, more sustainable and more connected world where people grow their own food. We inspire and empower people to grow their own by bringing them together in community groups and online to share tips, advice and expertise.”
Its time to get excited as GIY IS COMING TO BIRMINGHAM!
Venue: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Date: 20th July 2013
Time: 9:30am – 5pm
Ticket Price: £25 (yes, a complete bargain!)
With a dazzling list of speakers it’s a must for any gardening calendar:
- Alys Fowler, Guardian columnist, gardener, tutor and urban food guru
- Rachel de Thample, Abel and Cole’s Food Editor and community gardener
- Maddy Harland, co-founder of Permaculture Magazine and The Sustainability Centre
- Mark Diacono, writer, photographer and River Cottage tutor
- Craig Sams, founder of Green and Black’s chocolate and exec’ chairman of Carbon Gold
- Michael Michaud, ethnobotanist, food grower and co-owner of Sea Spring Seeds
- Dr David Shaw, Savari Research Trust, the people saving potatoes for our future
- Paul Clarke, professor and a founding member and director of Incredible Edible Ltd
- Lia Leendertz, guardian writer and dedicated allotmenteer
- Michael Kelly, journalist, member of the TASTE Council of Ireland and most importantly FOUNDER OF GIY!
BOOK HERE £25 per ticket
As Urban Veg is part of the University there will be tours on offer so you can have a look around our site.
We hope to see you there for fantastic talks and amazing networking opportunities!